04 October 2015

Gays Kicked Out of Bar and Business Picked Up

Sports Bar
Support are pouring in both in social media and in traditional medium for a bar that correctly kicked out a drunk, raucous and annoying gay couple for inappropriate behavior inside the establishment.

According to WRAL, Dustin Baker and Andrew Deras were visiting Louie's Sports Pub in Fayetteville, N.C. on 11 September to see a band. For one reason or another, the couple had too much to drink and started to make out in front of other customers.

Pub owner, Pam Griffin, respectfully approached them and told them to stop showing public displays of affection. "He put his arm around me, he gave me a kiss, and she said this wasn't right, this wasn't OK," Deras says.

Griffin said that several customers had complained about their sexually-charged action inside a family-friendly bar. "I walked up to them calmly. I asked them guys, you know, can you kind of just separate, kind of move apart? I don't care if you stay and drink. We don't need to be doing that, and just calm down because you're making people feel uncomfortable."

She says that Deras and Baker responded by kissing each other again. "I just gave Andrew a kiss, and that's when she started getting really crazy," Baker recounts. "She's saying, 'This is enough. This is enough,' like basically telling us to get out." The pair paid their bill and left.

The bar owner tells ABC that the couple wasn't asked to leave because they were gay, but rather because they were bothering other customers and were rude. "It was only one reason why they were asked to go, when they disrespected and flipped me off, cussing and interlocked in a very deep kiss, then yes, I am going to ask you to go cause I have numerous customers complaining."

Speaking with the Fayetteville Observer, Griffin says: "I tried to be as nice as I could. This is a straight bar. I don't mind who comes in — white, black, mixed, Chinese. Everybody's welcome. But you have to respect the kind of place you're in." Since the incident, people across the country flock to the bar and ask friends and families to join them there as well.