28 December 2015

Miss Universe Touching Christmas Message

Pia Wurtzbach
After the controversial Steve Harvey announcement of the wrong winner during the Miss Universe pageant, he made things incredibly awkward not only for eventual runner-up Miss Colombia, but also for the actual winner from the Philippines.

Ariadna Gutierrez and Pia Wurtzbach have been unfairly cast as enemies by some because of Harvey’s unbelievable gaffe, but in a touching message on Facebook, Wurtzbach said that Miss Colombia’s reaction to the controversy revealed "how strong and beautiful you are inside and out."

Here's the full message on Facebook:
"Now, I finally got the best Christmas gift ever – and not just for me, for my country. I’d like to say thank you to everyone who believed in my potential and those who supported me from the beginning…. To Ariadna, you are an amazing woman and we are now bonded together forever by a unique experience. In the last 3 weeks we were together, I saw how strong and beautiful you are inside and out. You represented your country with honor and I know how proud everyone must be of you. Fate has a plan for you, and I’m excited to see what’s ahead.

And to all the fans who are still fighting about this…Please let’s all stop now. The Miss Universe Organization is about uniting empowered women from all over the world. Arguing and sending hateful messages to each other defeats the whole purpose. You believe in the message of Miss Universe and so do I."